Part-time Teacher Aide - Rosmini College
Education and Training - Takapuna
Fixed term, part time – 20 hours per week in school terms – July 2019 till September 2019, with possibility of extension.
Contracts are being reviewed termly according to need.
Rosmini College is a Decile 9, Catholic Boys' school in Takapuna, Auckland. We are seeking a teacher aide to join our Learning Support team.
We are looking for a dynamic, flexible, knowledgeable, adaptable and proactive teacher aide who has the skills to work with intermediate and secondary school students with learning
differences, to support learning in the classroom and beyond and to assist students with medical conditions.
This position is suitable for someone with a strong team spirit who can work independently and under guidance of the classroom teachers. The successful candidate needs to be willing to support the special character of the school.Role:
- Support teachers effectively with agreed learning and behaviour management strategies to increase student outcomes within their mainstream classes.
- Support students with management of medical conditions. A medical background or first aid qualification is desirable, but not necessary.
- Work collaboratively with teachers, management and support staff.
- Support includes: working with students, assessment assistance, data input, testing, marking assistance, proofing, etc.
- Excellent literacy, handwriting and note taking skills required.
- Good computer skills required.
- Relevant /special needs experience is desirable, but not necessary.
- A sound knowledge of Maths, English and Science at secondary level is a bonus.
Applicants must have the ability to work with intermediate and secondary school boys in a caring and professional manner.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV (including the names and contact details of at least two referees) before July 10, 2019.