At Devonport Community Recycling Centre, our mission is; to provide value for our customers by working together towards waste minimisation goals for Devonport. We are passionate about the environment and social impact. With a strong emphasis on great customer service, going the extra mile to make our community welcome and feel part of this exciting project. We work as a team to achieve the highest quality diversion and sorting of waste, and reuse of items including clothing, homeware and furniture. This has a great impact on waste reduction to the community.
We’re currently recruiting for Weighbridge and Customer Services Operator to be the first person our customers meet, manage the weighbridge operations, with cashing up and banking responsibilities at the end of each working day. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our ‘Community Recycling Team’ and play a part in our future success. If you’re passionate about the environment, our community, retail and are good with maths and competent handling cash then Devonport Community Recycling Centre could be just what you’re looking for!
About the role
- We’re looking for someone with environmental passion to succeed and create a fantastic customer experience.
- Our Weighbridge and Customer Services Operators will be meeting and greeting the customers and helping to create a friendly, welcoming atmosphere always.
- You will be aware of environmental issues and waste minimisation and our objectives as a not for profit charity.
- Responsibility for the till, cash handling, banking and pricing re use items and reporting back to the site Leader.
- Deliver and maintain standards pricing and presentation of reuse shop by selecting, preparing and displaying stock availability and management discretion.
$23.50 per hour
4 or 5 days per week rostered Mon through to Sunday. Some weekend work is required.
About our benefits
We offer a living wage of $23.50, kiwi saver, and a staff bonus scheme to all our employees as we all contribute to the success of the organisation. As a social enterprise our staff are very important to us, and we strive to be a great employer.